Last night, I spoke with a client who hadn’t yet bought Hanukkah gifts (ummm…Hanukkah starts TODAY). For him and for all of you last-minute Christmas shoppers, I offer a list of quick – and health supportive – gift ideas.
- For the snack connoisseur. Get them a subscription to Lollihop. They’ll receive a box full of healthy, organic snacks each month. Or try blissmobox for an assortment of organic and eco-friendly products (some food, some not).
- For the fitness fiend. Budget: Feetures socks. (Seriously…they’re my favorite running socks.) Fancy: For the runner, the Garmin Forerunner 610 GPS-enabled sport watch; or for the triathlete, the Garmin Forerunner 910XT.
- For the culinary whiz. The Flavor Bible. My favorite cooking resource, hands down. Wondering what to make with what’s left in your fridge? This book will inspire you and bring creativity back to your cooking. (Just buy one for yourself too!)
- For the cooking challenged. Moosewood Restaurant Cooks at Home. This is my go-to cookbook for creative but simple recipes designed for the home cook. No fresh galangal root from the wilds of Southeast Asia required here.
- For the slob. A messy home = a stressful home. For your organizing-challenged friends, try this drawer organizer from Target. My “junk drawer” has never been so pleasant to open.
- For the neat freak. And for the compulsively neat, give them the gift of letting go with a spa gift certificate.
- For the yoga or Pilates devotee. A jacket or wrap from Lululemon. If your giftee is like me, s/he can never have enough jackets to throw on as they head out the door to class.
- For the traveler. A natural alternative to antibacterial hand wipes, Herban Essentials Towelettes use essential oils with antibacterial and antiseptic qualities – like lavender, lemon, and peppermint – to wipe away the germs and keep travelers healthy on-the-go.
- For the locavore. How about a membership to a local CSA (community supported agriculture)? Fresh produce from spring to fall, delivered direct from the farm. To learn more about CSA’s and to find one near you (or your giftee), go to Local Harvest.
- For the sugar addict. And finally, for the sugar lover in your circle, Purely Elizabeth’s Cookie Monster or Chocolate Lover Sampler will allow them to indulge their sweet tooth without the sugar crash from refined sugar.
What are your favorite health-loving gifts? Share your ideas in the comments…can’t have enough good gift ideas this time of year!
Like this post? Sign up for updates...it's FREE!
- Healthy holiday gifts: 10 things I love
- Summer Berries and Cream with Lemon Syrup
- 7 no-cook summer meals for hot nights
- Farmer’s Market Friday
- Why breakfast really is that important + how to make it happen